Re: Concerns with OLC (cn=config) for editing schema, ACLs, and deleting entries

harry.jede@arcor.de wrote:
> Nick Milas wrote:
>> This actually is causing a serious problem (I would even call it a
>> "*hell situation*"), because we can no more export/view our ACLs as
>> ldif in a legible form. Moreover, we cannot edit this exported ldif
>> and import it back to cover several editing needs.
> I am pretty sure, that after you have added the '\n' you have broken
> the ldiff format.

Harry, as said in this discussion thread:
1. LDAP syntax DirectoryString may contain CR and LF.
2. RFC 2849 defines SAFE-CHAR which does not contain CR and LF

=> a DirectoryString attribute value containing CR or LF has to be
base64-encoded when generating LDIF.

There's nothing wrong with that.

> You may try '\n '.

Adding \n is a work-around when working with some shell commands.
This is not relevant here.

Ciao, Michael.