Re: HowTo to setup LDAP

Le 16/05/12 09:40, Quanah Gibson-Mount a Ãcrit :
--On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:15 AM +0200 Luc MAIGNAN <luc.maignan@winxpert.com> wrote:

Le 15/05/12 19:00, Howard Chu a Ãcrit :
Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
Hi,

I've found a lot of howto to setup openLDAP using the slapd.conf but
none using the actual database feature.

But I want to configure a freshly installed openLDAP without writing a
slapd.conf and doing a migration on it.

Is there somewhere a step-by-step howto to setup an openLDAP using the
new feature (all parameters in the LDAP) ?

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconf2.html#Configuration%20Exam
ple

Thanks BUT i'm looking for a way that does NOT migrate an existing
slapd.conf but configures openLDAP in the new way from scratch

Migrate an existing slapd.conf and examine the cn=config structure until you are familiar with it.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.

I tried to configure the cn=config structure.

BUT to modify it I have to specify a valid user/password. So how can I specify it without setting it ? Is there a default user/password that allows me to modify the structure the first time ?