[Date Prev][Date Next]
Authenticate a Samba box to a pre-existing LDAP server
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Authenticate a Samba box to a pre-existing LDAP server
- From: Marcelo Pereira <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:32:23 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=9B20Gvl7OAX13tw3qaqO1aOaplBSMdtuuz3uZZNfnf4=; b=ppfNSdcpUf5ecHi8dcTlVG41BuKAg+6ruypvTvvop8UGNAnApQmIzjm9KsWJ8JXSxx mUffsHTHJvyRWuaKTEVZC/oe7cpS4D/6TCWWCWb6UJrurP29qzlXHFy0p1puLhBOXBSC uizSaXBWr76eAzm78NozVoZ8ljOXOfyOviX0iiMkzxgXP6WpzkRCOOIiOVPHAFzmRIl8 IHpnfbaBNecGv/7eis3AZf4XhxYWk58bI2c6+C0Bwe1n9Q4P5pihu2tYpOPOPVSz22Kz s05vGD+iKoD24tj0Mvk0m/Uf9pHSOoIp0JRdb6n/ysMYghi5/fc4zr5Z1hyCFHMQnqRN K45g==
I have been reading some documentation on how to setup a Samba+LDAP environment, but they are all considering that I'm setting up a "new" LDAP server on the same machine.
I want to set up a Samba server (which is my server) but I would like to use an external LDAP server (which I don't have any access other than just authenticate myself) to authenticate the users in my Samba box.
The LDAP server is up and running (I can't do anything there). I just need to connect my Samba box to this LDAP server in order to authenticate the users.
Would you please suggest the right documentation so I could read it?? I will appreciate any help on this regard!!