Re: AW: Re: How can I set an LDAP-attribute to "null" (empty)?

[please keep replies on the list]

> IŽm sorry, but that is not a qualified answer...

OK, I'll try to be more precise.

1) "TelUser": not a standard track attribute.  Please provide its
specification (significantly, its syntax) otherwise the point is moot.

2) few standard track syntaxes allow zero length strings; see RFC4517.  In
short, RTFM to see if the syntax of your "TelUser" allows a zero length

It appears from the description of your problem, that you want to zero out
a value, not actually store a zero length value.  This is common of rdbms
users, where tables have a fixed structure and when some field is not
defined one just wants to store an empty value in it.  LDAP, instead
allows object to have optional attributes; when optional attributes are
not needed, they should not appear at all.

If your problem is with the tool you're using, that has nothing to do with
OpenLDAP; so please ask the appropriate forum.