[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: AD proxy in OpenLDAP
>From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Chris O'Kelly
>Sent: Tuesday, 3 April 2012 2:46 PM
>Subject: AD proxy in OpenLDAP
>Posted a while back but didn't get far, just trying again to see if I can get this working. We have AD on our DC server, working fine, and a list of external clients in OpenLDAP, also working fine. We have a new web service that needs to authenticate against only one DSA, so I need to have the OpenLDAP DSA proxy to AD. The initial setup in OpenLDAP is -
>olcDbConfig: set_cachesize 0 2097152 0
>olcDbConfig: set_lk_max_objects 1500
>olcDbConfig: set_lk_max_locks 1500
>olcDbConfig: set_lk_max_lockers 1500
>olcDbIndex: objectClass eq
>olcDbCheckpoint: 512 30
>olcAccess: to attrs=userPassword by dn="cn=admin,dc=companyname,dc=local" write by anonymous auth by self write by * none
>olcAccess: to attrs=shadowLastChange by self write by * read
>olcAccess: to dn.base="" by * read
>olcAccess: to * by dn="cn=admin,dc=companyname,dc=local" write by * read
>the ldap backend I have added with ldapadd is -
>acl-bind: bindmethod=simple binddn="CN=proxy,OU=Service Accounts,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=companyname,DC=local" credentials=secret.
I was advised that acl-bind is not used for binding to the AD server, so do to a search on dc=internal,dc=companyname,dc=local you would have to bind with a valid AD account
What do you get when you do a
ldapsearch -d ="CN=proxy,OU=Service Accounts,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=companyname,DC=local" -w secret -b " dc=internal,dc=companyname,dc=local " -h ldap://companyname.local
>When I attempt to search on dc=companyname,dc=local I get results. When I attempt to search AD directly from the server running OpenLDAP I get results. However if I search dc=internal,dc=companyname,dc=local pointed at OpenLDAP I get No Such Object (32).
>I believe this could be related to one of two things, however I have been unable to find the fix (I have read the slapd, slapd-ldap, slapd-relay, slapd-pbind manpages, as well as numerous tutorials). I believe it is either that I am missing the schema files for AD or that I am incorrect in putting the LDAP backend in a seperate dc (internal). On AD the base suffix is also just dc=companyname, dc=local, I put the LDAP backend in this suffix as the rest of the directory is already in dc=companyname,dc=local in OpenLDAP and I wished for it to be separate, I don't know if this has caused the issue. As for the scema files, I used Apache directory studio to export the cn=schema branch from AD into an LDIF file and attempted to add it using ldapadd, the result was
>adding new entry "CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=local"
>ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
> additional info: instanceType: attribute type undefined\
I haven't as yet exported the schema, but when I bind to openldap with a AD dn it works fine for me, for bind and search on the attributes I want.
>I have been trying to figure out this issue for weeks and I am at my wits end. I am seriously at the point of contemplating trying to find someone I can pay to show me the fix.