Re: Concerns with OLC (cn=config) for editing schema, ACLs, and deleting entries

On Tuesday, 20 March 2012 12:53:08 Howard Chu wrote:

> The purpose of cn=config is to support configuration changes on a server
> without causing any service outage. Supporting Deletes in cn=config is
> fundamentally opposed to this goal. E.g., deleting an olcDatabase entry
> cannot be seen as anything other than a service outage - you were serving
> a database a second ago, now it's gone.

On a server serving multiple databases, removing one of the databases is not
necessarily a service outage. I would prefer (when I can clean up a legacy
database, once the last of the legacy software that uses it is migrated) not
to have outages on the other 3 databases in use.

Regards,
Buchan