Re: URI="(null)" DN="" (Was: ldap && rwm && pcache && transparent)

Hello,

We're running into almost exactly the same issue that Turbo described a few months ago and I'm not exactly sure what to try next...

Basically there are two remote directories that we only have read-only access to via fixed set of bind credentials. Both directories have the same naming contexts and same user entry DNs but a slightly different non-conflicting set of user attributes.

What we would like to do is create a combined merged view that contains the user entry attribute responses from both remote directories displayed as a single entry and allow anonymous access via the local lan. Only one of the two directories has the specific attribute being searched for but again we would like the response to include the full set of attributes from both directories and the entry DNs do match.

So, I'm attempting to use slapd-ldap for the first remote directory and slapo-translucent for the second remote directory but can't seem to make the two mechanisms cooperate with each other. The errors are the same as what Turbo described.

If I change the database from slapd-ldap to slapd-shell or slapd-hdb (empty db), the slapo-translucent portion works correctly and I can see the attributes in the searched entry retrieved from the second remote directory.

If I leave the slapd-ldap configuration in place and comment out the overlay translucent portion, the slapd-ldap portion works correctly and I can see the attributes in the searched entry retrieved from the first remote directory.

Still no luck on getting both to work at the same time though so that it combines the attributes from both entries into a single response.

Here's the pertinent portion of the config:

backend        ldap
database       ldap
suffix         "dc=example,dc=com"
uri            "ldap://172.16.16.16/";
idassert-bind
       mode=none
       bindmethod=simple
       binddn="uid=readonly1,cn=admins,dc=example,dc=com"
       credentials="secret1"
       flags=override,non-prescriptive

overlay        translucent
uri            "ldap://172.17.17.17/";
idassert-bind
       mode=none
       bindmethod=simple
       binddn="uid=readonly2,cn=admins,dc=example,dc=com"
       credentials="secret2"
       flags=override,non-prescriptive

If anyone has any ideas why the above isn't working or knows of a cleaner way to do it, please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian