Re: slow or inconsistent syncrepl

--On Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:34 PM +0100 Amol Kulkarni <amolkulkarni@gmx.com> wrote:

That depends entirely on the speed of your server and network.

Taking the server part first - I'm also doubt that my provider server is
underpowered.

Following are the ldap specific parameters on our provider server :

entries : 0.5 million
avg entry size : 1k to 4k
cachesize : 0.5 million
dncachesize : 0.5 million
database type : bdb
bdb cachesize : 3 gb
ldap threads : 16

Foll is hardware configuration of the provider server :
ram : 8gb
swap : 8gb
cpu :  Virtual machine with 4 cpus. (vmware vsphere)
architecture : 64 bit

Also we have some administrative services/tasks running on the provider
server other than openldap. But the sar output seems normal i.e iowait
below 10 and idle time above 50.

Does the hardware configuration seem ok for the given ldap size and
configuration ?

If not, can u suggest some changes?

You don't provide any useful information for suggesting changes. I would advise you read over <http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/OpenLDAP_Performance_Tuning>

Sr. Member of Technical Staff