Re: Connection timeouts

Marcin S wrote:
I have a question, lets say i have web application with ldap
authentication. User that log in to page opens new LDAP connection,
our LDAP also holds some security attributes per application and they
are verified for certain app operations, so connections remains open
for a whole time.
Question is when user close web browser or suddenly disconnects, will
this connection be timed out and closed by server?

Anyway you're web application has to handle the case that users just close the browser but not the session since there are probably more resources bound by the web session.

Purely for the LDAP server part you probably want to set idletimeout.

From slapd.conf(5):

       idletimeout <integer>
              Specify the number of seconds to wait before forcibly closing
              an idle client connection.  A idletimeout of 0  disables  this
              feature.   The default is 0. You may also want to set the
              writetimeout option.

Ciao, Michael.