Re: syncrepl simple bind

--On Friday, March 02, 2012 7:53 PM -0800 "S.A." <qmt9z3@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,

For syncrepl to work do we need to enable the sasl? I had the sasl
disabled and configured to replicate using simple bindmethod, with
the following config:
syncrepl        rid=001
                provider=ldap://ldap2.example.com
                type=refreshAndPersist
                retry="5 5 300 +"
                searchbase="o=tld"
                bindmethod=simple
                binddn="uid=admin,ou=users,o=tld"
                credentials=password
                schemachecking=on

but I get the following error:

slap_client_connect: URI=ldap://ldap2.example.com
DN="uid=admin,ou=users,o=tld" ldap_sasl_bind_s failed (-1)

ldap_sasl_bind_s is the name of the binding function for both simple and SASL binds. It doesn't mean you're performing a SASL bind. If it was a dn/password issue, you would see error code 49. You got error code -1, which seems to imply it cannot open a connection to ldap2.example.com from that server.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.