Re: delta-syncrepl and mirrormode problem (2.4.29)

Hello Quanah,

I did change my configuration, unfortunately  without a change in
behaviour.

I posted this Email at 21.2.2012 to inform you about this :

> Hello Quanah,

> I am double checking my configuration right now.

> > I notice you've configured via slapd.conf, but set up your replication

as
>> if you were replicating cn=config, which doesn't really make much
sense.

>I have no syncrepl - directives in my config-database configured:
>######################################################################

>database        config

>rootdn          cn=config

>rootpw          {SHA}secret

>#######################################################################
>As far as I understood, the configuration only gets replicated when it is

>configured to do so.

>> For example, listing the olcServerID twice with URIs.  You should only
>need
>> to have a single olcServerID that is unique to each master, and with no

>URI
>> when using slapd.conf.

>According to the man pages on openldap.org it should be right:
> serverID <integer> [<URL>]
>                       If the URL is provided, this directive may  be
>specified  multiple
>                       times,  providing  a  complete list of
>participating servers and
>                       their IDs. The fully qualified hostname of each
>server should be
>                       used  in the supplied URLs.

>Nevertheless I tried with only one server-entry for each master and had
>the same problems.

>> so I don't know specifically if it works, but if test063 passes for
you,

> I wanted to add, that one database is empty when I start and the other
> has  only some data. But with master/slave this is no problem, so I
think
> it  should also work for master/master, doesn't it?

Hi Frank,

I notice you've configured via slapd.conf, but set up your replication as
if you were replicating cn=config, which doesn't really make much sense.
For example, listing the olcServerID twice with URIs.  You should only
need
to have a single olcServerID that is unique to each master, and with no
URI
when using slapd.conf.  In any case, I've never used OpenLDAP on Windows,
so I don't know specifically if it works, but if test063 passes for you,
then that would indicate it works.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc