Valid RDN or not ?

Hi guys,

I have read the RFC carefully, and still can't decide if such a RDN is valid :

cn=test1+cn=test2

AFAICT, yes, but OpenLDAP reject the creation of an entry with such a RDN.

I may have missed something in the 20+ RFCs and hundred of pages, is anyone able to tell me where in the RFC it's explicitely sad that it's not a valid RDN ?

Many thanks !

PS : I can live with the fact that OpenLDAP reject such a RDN, it's not a big deal, I just want to be sure that the LDAP API we are working on should accept or not such a RDN.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel LÃcharny
www.iktek.com