[Date Prev][Date Next]
Valid RDN or not ?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Valid RDN or not ?
- From: Emmanuel LÃcharny <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:57:53 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=kBAPJBvmFDYL9+Eo+7Wmu+DKOCLZawei59Pcdcqk6vs=; b=A83D4E4CqRquB9BKNQ7ZFtCCkM+ZU8Y4hWduZTKbBW379drfXywTLlHV8lnWa3nOf5 f6holLqFKT20snXPG/8NJA6HP//D0Ts7yCdpIVDRFW1Isx7hLrZgfVvLH7lIfI/FgQ91 HZmA8X5LMOZrvmSV1kbs8pzhKNSKlxshB2rnk=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20120208 Thunderbird/10.0.1
I have read the RFC carefully, and still can't decide if such a RDN is
AFAICT, yes, but OpenLDAP reject the creation of an entry with such a RDN.
I may have missed something in the 20+ RFCs and hundred of pages, is
anyone able to tell me where in the RFC it's explicitely sad that it's
not a valid RDN ?
Many thanks !
PS : I can live with the fact that OpenLDAP reject such a RDN, it's not
a big deal, I just want to be sure that the LDAP API we are working on
should accept or not such a RDN.