Re: Password-less operation

--On Tuesday, February 07, 2012 6:22 PM -0500 Jean-Luc Wasmer <openldap@2012.jl.wasmer.ca> wrote:

Hi,

The user db on my system is stored in LDAP and integrated with PAM and
NSS. The LDAP db also contain address book data for each user. I would
like to be able to call ldap utilities (e.g. ldapsearch) without having
the user to enter his/her password everytime. I would also like for
scripts running as those users to have access to the respective LDAP
entries. I noticed ldapsearch supports SASL binds, so I was wondering if
that could be used in conjunction with Kerberos to accomplish my goal
(from what I understand, the kinit command would have to be called before
ldapsearch). Is there any other way to do this?

Read the admin guide.

<http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/security.html#Pass-Through%20authentication>
<http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/sasl.html#GSSAPI>

Sr. Member of Technical Staff