Re: Chinese characters in mail search causes failed assertion in slapd

On 02/07/2012 12:57 PM, Alfie John wrote:
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012, at 09:14 AM, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
In addition, I suggest you check whether the problem persists with the
latest release; in case, please file an ITS following instructions here
<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/56.html>.

Thanks for the pointer.

I was using Debian's upstream which I doubt is the latest release. I'll look tomorrow.

I don't think filing a bug is the correct thing to do since as Dieter pointed out the problem is with bogus mail applications breaking the RFC and not a bug in OpenLDAP. However with the practicality of using UTF-8 for the mail attribute value is pragmatic. Thoughts?

If, as you say, slapd asserts, then there's also a bug in the code, since invalid data should be catched earlier. Fixing this has little to do with solving your problem, but would improve the software.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
Associate Professor