Re: Chinese characters in mail search causes failed assertion in slapd

On 02/07/2012 12:57 PM, Alfie John wrote:
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012, at 09:14 AM, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
In addition, I suggest you check whether the problem persists with the
latest release; in case, please file an ITS following instructions here

Thanks for the pointer.

I was using Debian's upstream which I doubt is the latest release. I'll look tomorrow.

I don't think filing a bug is the correct thing to do since as Dieter pointed out the problem is with bogus mail applications breaking the RFC and not a bug in OpenLDAP. However with the practicality of using UTF-8 for the mail attribute value is pragmatic. Thoughts?

If, as you say, slapd asserts, then there's also a bug in the code, since invalid data should be catched earlier. Fixing this has little to do with solving your problem, but would improve the software.

Pierangelo Masarati
Associate Professor
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Aerospaziale
Politecnico di Milano