Re: How do I reset rootdn password?

Am 04.02.2012 23:00, schrieb Daniel Savard:
Le samedi 04 fÃvrier 2012 Ã 12:21 +0100, Michael StrÃder a Ãcrit :

You edit it. You can generate a value with slappasswd.

Depending on the configuration method you edit the text file slapd.conf or use
ldapmodify to alter the value of attribute 'olcRootPW' in the accompanying
database entry in cn=config.

Ciao, Michael.

There is no slapd.conf file at this point. So, I did try to use
ldapmodify, however authentication is required to make this running and
this is the problem I am having, I don't have the rootpw.

Can I go back to slapd.conf and put a new password there and restart the
daemon? Will it modify the config database?

I'am not really sure, but this should work:

copy this into an ldif-file:

-----------------------
dn: olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcRootPW
olcRootPW: {CRYPT}yxxxxxxxCEyEA
-

dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcRootPW
olcRootPW: {CRYPT}ye1xxxxxEyEA
---------------------------

by the way:

slappasswd -h {SSHA}
   New password:
   Re-enter new password:

and copy the encrypted value into the olcRootPW

and import this with the following command:

sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /root/db_change_password.ldif

--

GruÃ/Kind regards

 Axel