Re: Global modifications

On 31/1/2012 4:30 ÎÎ, Charles T. Brooks wrote:

You could always make an LDIF with your preferred awk

ldapsearch -x -LLL -Dcn=manager,dc=example,dc=com -W 'mail=*' mail|gawk
'/^dn/{printf "%s\nchangetype: modify\nadd: acceptedEmail\n",
$0};/^mail/{printf "acceptedEmail: %s\n\n", $2}'

and pipe it to ldapadd/ldapmodify...  if you need to add the objectClass
as well, just modify the printf on the /^dn/ pattern.

Seems like you might be independently recreating the Lachman schema,
though.

Thanks Charles,

Your solution looks fine. Obviously ldapmodify cannot use existing data directly for new entries.

I didn't know of Lachman schema, I guess you mean: http://www.sendmail.org/m4/laser.txt (which I found with a bit of googling).

I'll take a look. From a first glance, however, it is more extensive than what I want. In fact, I want to disassociate mail attribute from use in our applications (mainly Postfix), and I want to use a different attribute for that use.

Can I find the Lachman schema anywhere in a complete form, ready for Openldap?

Nick