Re: memberOf as misuse of data model

On 01/20/2012 12:19 PM, Michael StrÃder wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
On 01/20/2012 06:49 AM, Mathieu MILLET wrote:
I could see a 3rd use case : User management.
When you administer the profile of a user, you simply query the LDAP
entry of the user and you get all of his information, including the
complete list of his groups (with a single LDAP request).

That's a use case, and I recon that it can be achieved by performing one
more LDAP request to lookup for group membership of this particular
user.

base: <suffix>
scope: subordinate
filter: (&(ou=groupOfNames)(member=<dn>))

Shouldn't this be (&(objectClass=groupOfNames)(member=<dn>))?

Yes, thanks.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati