[Date Prev][Date Next]
ldap error codes during modification
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: ldap error codes during modification
- From: Rohan J <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:37:52 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=y7qKM5TzDryEGuOcMxgoQ2OuWQc3/Z/QJkw5enw0yaQ=; b=P0ObbxsDFA5y1Pf2GZA8UB2LRru2LerHOWF2LRK49WfUPq0IQtK43fMQXGOMBvsCYa HWSEy+H5WmUC/wHezhsUPXWEUiLx+2k6DeZ4FBKMJMiazk9tDnsYVj3/1qvv9jqPwmUP 84uKuTQTxoMCScYgokHHhhXA/xegJE9cZvy/M=
I was going through RFCs to have a clear requirement of the expected ldap error codes during an ldapmodify with insufficient access . Does Openldap always have to return error code 50 during a modify even though the modification may contain errors related to invalid attribute syntax, notAllowedOnRDN or any protocol errors. I am guessing that it should be fine to allow error codes except 16,20,32 etc. Please let me know if there is a reference to this information.