Re: View or filter based on ldaps://FQDN

Ronie Gilberto Henrich wrote:
Hello,

I need to be able to restrict ldap ou's access based on the ldaps://FQDN used to query the ldap server.
Let say I have the following in my ldap server:
ou=domain
     ou=raincoatcompany.com
     ou=umbrellacompany.com

Considering that both ldap.raincoatcompany.com and ldap.umbrellacompany.com are resolving to IP address 10.0.0.10
So, querying the ldap server using ldaps://ldap.raincoatcompany.com/ou=domain should grant access only to the following:
ou=domain
     ou=raincoatcompany.com

Is there any way to accomplish that with OpenLDAP?

Not possible. slapd only sees the IP address of the incoming connection, it has no way to know what DNS name was used to resolve to that address.

--
  -- Howard Chu