Re: slapd-ldap as proxy to active directory

On 16 December 2011 10:14, Pierangelo Masarati <masarati@aero.polimi.it> wrote:

> - find out what operations your clients need to do (i.e. what attributes,
> e.g. sAMAccountName, in what filter types, e.g. equality, presence, etc.
> will be used by your clients)
>
> - define those attributes with appropriate matching rules in slapd's schema;
> this requires nothing but a few lines like
>
> attributeType ( <oid>
> Â NAME <name>
> Â SYNTAX <syntax>
> Â [ EQUALITY <equalityrule> ] )
>
> You don't need to create all the schema, only the portions that are needed.

Which schema are you referring to when you say 'slapd's schema'?  I
have the following ones, but I imagine a separate one would be needed:

dn: cn={0}core,cn=schema,cn=config

dn: cn={1}cosine,cn=schema,cn=config

dn: cn={2}nis,cn=schema,cn=config

dn: cn={3}inetorgperson,cn=schema,cn=config

--
/jm