Re: OpenLDAP for Central Auth?

Hello,
I'm currently work on project doing the same thing. I just thought I
would mention something that was not mentioned yet.
The Solaris OS does LDAP completely different.
Examples:
Linux - you edit the nsswitch.conf file
Solaris - you edit the nsswitch.ldap file which then overwrites the
nsswitch.conf file
Linux - The PAM file is here /etc/pam.d/system-auth
Solaris - PAM is here /etc/pam.conf

The biggest difference is that you need to use a proxy agent. So
instead of using editing /etc/openldap/ldap.conf and /etc/ldap.conf
you must use the ldapclient command. The ldapclient command uses 5
subcommands which are; init, uninit, manual, mod, genprofile and list.
I found that setting up OpenLDAP on RHEL and setting up linux clients
faster and easier then setting up one Solaris client. You will need to
add some entries to your LDAP DB. There are also 2 sachems to add as
well.

I don't know every thing, but I will tell what I do know. When you
setup your 1st Solaris client let me know, and I will show you my
settings. Maybe by then I will have a how-to guide written up.

I hope this helps some.