Re: Adding an object class with required attributes to an existing entry

On 16/12/2011 4:53 ÎÎ, Hallvard Breien Furuseth wrote:

WTF...  Maybe it wants the missing '-' after the entry.  OpenLDAP
doesn't require it, but possibly the LDIF standard does.

Tried objectClass instead of ObjectClass (in all following tests). Then:

phpLDAPadmin does not work either with or without the '-' at the bottom:

   LDIF text import
   Could not modify object: uid=userx,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
   LDAP said: LDAP_OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION
   You tried to perform an operation that would cause an undefined
   attribute to exist or that would remove a required attribute, given
   the current list of ObjectClasses. This can also occur if you do not
   specify a structural objectClass when creating an entry, or if you
   specify more than one structural objectClass.

JXplorer also does not work with or without the '-' at the bottom:
With the '-':

   java.lang.RuntimeException: "Error - illegal line in ldif file " +
   "(" + lineNumber +") in LDIF file: + " + fileName + "\n" +
   attributeValueText

Without the '-':

   javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierException: [LDAP:
   error code 17 - add: attribute type undefined]; remaining name
   'uid=userx,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com'

ApacheDS: WORKS only WITHOUT the '-' at the bottom.

   With the '-' at the bottom: #!ERROR Record is invalid

So, where are we? I guess I could contact those developers (ApacheDS and JXplorer at least) and tell them so they can do something about it...

Nick