Adding an object class with required attributes to an existing entry

Hi,

I want to add a new objectclass using an ldif; this objectclass requires some attributes (according to schema). I can't make it work.

For posixAccount class, required attributes are:
    cn
    gidNumber
    homeDirectory
    uid
    uidNumber

I already have cn and uid.

I am trying:

dn: uid=userx,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: ObjectClass
objectClass: posixAccount
uidNumber: 1700
homeDirectory: /var/members/userx
gidNumber: 48
loginShell: /bin/false

and it fails.

I've tried other ways too, like including existing objectclasses in the LDIF (I've read about that in a blog), using a separate add statement for optional attribute loginShell, etc. but nothing worked.

If the ObjectClass to add does not specify REQUIRED attributes in the schema, there is no problem in adding it.

How should I formulate the LDIF?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Nick