Re: Account question

On Wednesday, 14 December 2011 20:08:37 NetNinja wrote:

> Hello,

> I have a two different user accounts and one works the other not so

> much. The account user03 works on both Solaris 10 and RHEL clients.

> While test01 can do everything but login to the Solaris 10 client, I

> can use this account to login to the RHEL client though. Can someone

> look at my accounts below and tell me why user03 works and test01

> doesn't?

> # user03, People, test.net

> dn: uid=user03,ou=People,dc=test,dc=net

[...]

> shadowMax: 99999

> # test01, People, test.net

> dn: uid:test01,ou=People,dc=test,dc=net

[...]

> shadowMax: 0

> shadowMax: 99999

It could be your shadowMax: 0

> # ldapclient list

> NS_LDAP_FILE_VERSION= 2.0

> NS_LDAP_BINDDN= uid=proxyagent,ou=People,dc=test,dc=net

> NS_LDAP_BINDPASSWD= password

> NS_LDAP_SERVERS= X.X.X.X:389

> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_BASEDN= dc=test,dc=net

> NS_LDAP_SERVER_PREF= X.X.X.X

> NS_LDAP_CACHETTL= 0

> NS_LDAP_CREDENTIAL_LEVEL= proxy

> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= passwd:ou=People,dc=test,dc=net

> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= group:ou=People,dc=test,dc=net

> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= shadow:ou=People,dc=test,dc=net

> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_AUTH_METHOD= pam_ldap:simple

> I'm still testing so I ran ldapclient manual. When I feel that I have

> the the right setting, I will load the profile into LDAP.

You didn't provide your full configuration for your RHEL client, but maybe it doesn't have access to the shadowMax attribute, or isn't using 'ldap' for shadow. Or maybe the presence of two values for shadowMax confuses the Solaris ldapclient.

Regards,

Buchan