Re: SSL/TLS testing

You have a self signed certificate, so you don't need to verify your certificate.
When you activate the tls on ldap, you only need this two lines, and you don't need the line with certificate verification olcTLSCACertificateFile :

dn: cn=config
add: olcTLSCertificateFile
olcTLSCertificateFile: /etc/ssl/myKey/{name_of_your_server}_slapd_cert.pem
dn: cn=config
add: olcTLSCertificateKeyFile
olcTLSCertificateKeyFile: /etc/ssl/myKey/{name_of_your_server}_slapd_key.pem

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Jayavant Patil <jayavant.patil82@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

>On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 4:19 PM, reyman <reyman64@gmail.com> wrote:
>With the option -ZZ i think, try this

>ldapsearch -x -LLL -ZZ -d 150

Yeah, It shows output containing ber_dump, ldap_write,ldap_read, tls_write, tls_read etc. But at the end is shows the following:

TLS certificate verification: Error, self signed certificate
TLS: can't connect: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_
CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed (self signed certificate).
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
    additional info: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed (self signed certificate)

Why it shows an error ? and how to resolve this?

and when I do ldapsearch with -ZZ option it gives error

$ldapsearch -x -v  -D "cn=root,dc=abc,dc=com" -w cluster -b "ou=People,dc=abc,dc=com" "uid=ldap_6" -h n0 -ZZ
ldap_initialize( ldap://n0 )

--

Thanks & Regards,
Jayavant Ningoji Patil