Re: Seemingly broken database

--On Friday, December 09, 2011 1:14 PM +0100 Peter Mogensen <apm@one.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a large database with several million entries, which for a few
specific entries takes very long (several minutes) to search.

Looking at the debug output the search suddenly goes into a mode where it
tests a lot of completely irrelevant entries and outputs a lot of
"bdb_search: <number> scope not okay" messages - which takes very long
time before the query ends.

I've tried deleting all indexes and re-indexing with slapdindex, but the
problem persists - also with 2.4.28.
It's BDB 4.8.26 with back_bdb.

4.8.26 was pulled by Oracle. The only version available for download is 4.8.30. I would advise updating BDB as a first step.

Also, confirming you are using back-bdb not back-hdb as your backend?

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.