Re: openldap user login

Hi,

Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:17:33 +0100 "Raffael Sahli" <public@raffaelsahli.com> wrote:
>Hi

>This means that pam_ldap is working but nss_ldap isn't (Restart the nscd
>damon, if installed..).
>Check your auth log on your fedora. You should see some lib_nss log
>messages.

Everything is working fine but the problem is with the ACL rule which is used to restrict a user to see his information only.

access to filter=(objectClass=person)
 by self write
 by dn.children="ou=People,dc=abc,dc=com" none
 by anonymous none
 by * none

the problem is with 'by anonymous none'. Here, it will restrict access as per desired (means each user to see his info only) but when i do $ssh ldap_6@<client-node>, it will ask passwd and will show the following:

id: cannot find name for user ID 514
[ I have no name!@<client-node>]

On the other way, when I specify 'by anonymous read'  in the above ACL rule and do $ssh ldap_6@<client-node> , it works.

[ldap_6@<client-node>]

but ldap_6 user can see other users info since anonymous can read everything which is not desirable.

So, my problem is I want to specify the ACL rule such that each user can see its own data only and at the same time I should not get ' I have no name!' after ssh.

How do I write the ACL rule to achieve this?

Any suggestions are welcome.