[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: LDAP query to Active Directory backend

I finally found the solution to the problem. After I set the
LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION to v3 using ldap_set_option the resulting
characters were encoded in UTF-8. D'Oh! It seems that AD makes a
difference here when other servers assume v3 to be the standard.

I hope to be helping someone with a similar problem to avoid this confusion!


2011/11/25 Khaled Blah <khaled.blah@googlemail.com>:
> Thanks for your reply, Michael!
> I should have mentioned that I have tested this code with an OpenLDAP
> server (2.4.23) and a Lotus Notes server (ver. 8) and both of them
> return UTF-8 encoded data (like I expected it). The only difference
> are the parameters which I use to start the query on these backends
> (bind DN, filter, etc...).
> Regards,
> Khaled