Re: LDAP query to Active Directory backend

Khaled Blah wrote:
> I've been witnessing a strange thing when (LDAP-) querying an Active
> Directory backend (Windows Server 2003): the output data I receive
> seems to be encoded in the ISO8859 character set when I would expect
> it to be UTF-8. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'd be
> glad to learn how to make sure the AD backend gives UTF-8 data back.

Even the very broken Windows 2000 returned UTF-8. I guess there's something in
the client which messes up the returned data. I assume that you access the AD
LDAP port directly and not via a possibly misconfigured LDAP proxy.

> I use OpenLDAP 2.4.23 on Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.04

I assume you're using solely the OpenLDAP client libs and not the server.

Ciao, Michael.