Re: Re: Newbie: can't connect and enable logging

How is that slapd.conf is the main file used in the configuration of openldap.
I did a google search and found this.
In Ubuntu, which is the Debian family, the location of slapd.conf is
here /etc/ldap/slapd.conf.
I found this on this page.
This page has an install guide for openldap and expains how to setup the logs.