Re: About set LDAP passwd expires

On 11/11/2011 03:31, Chris Jacobs wrote:
Password Policy. The OpenLDAP Admin Guide and Google are your friends.

That's good for LDAP authentication, but when you want to put linux users in LDAP then you need to have also to configure NSS and PAM to use it.

And for most distribution nssov (that if I understand rightly the issue is the way to use ppolicy for NSS) is not packaged nor supported (and is not documented too, at least in the Guide).

So at least for me the traditional posixAccount and posixGroup are still a better option (and there are many management packages you can use).

Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi@truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6