Re: proxy authentication

On 10/11/11 16:03 +0100, LALOT Dominique wrote:
Hello,

We would like to setup a kind of replica. We don't want to replicate some
attributes like userpassword, lmpassword, ntpassword. How can we configure
the replica to proxy the authentication somewhere else.
Is there a way to do that via an overlay or something else?

back-ldap may be a solution, assuming that you don't have any locally
stored data.

You could utilize pass-through authentication to delegate authentication to
a remote ldap server via saslauthd, Courier authdaemon, or possibly
auxprop/ldapdb. However, pass-through authentication won't give you
lmpassword or ntpassword.

--
Dan White