Re: Compile Error for ldapc++ library

Am Mittwoch 09 November 2011, 09:56:18 schrieb sim123:
> I am trying to compile ldapc++ library distributed with openldap-2.4.26
> and getting following error during make:
>
> ../src/LDAPAsynConnection.h: In function âint main(int, char**)â:
> ../src/LDAPAsynConnection.h:310: error:
> âLDAPAsynConnection::LDAPAsynConnection(const LDAPAsynConnection&)â is
> private
> startTls.cpp:43: error: within this context
> make[1]: *** [startTls.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/opt/source/openldap-2.4.26/contrib/ldapc++/examples'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I am attaching my config log as well, is there anything which I am
> missing here?
I believe this is a problem with the old gcc release you are using. I
don't see that problem with newer gcc (e.g. 4.6.x). However I just pushed
a change to the git master branch that should make that problem go away.
Please try.

> Another thing, I would like to know does this library have Referral
> Chasing capability during bind,
It does. But I remember some discussion that automatically chasing
referrals returned by bind is a bad idea. (See e.g. ITS#6510). So this
might be removed from future releases.

> also is it thread safe or its caller's responsibility to make it thread
> safe?
It's not thread safe.

regards,
	Ralf