Re: problem changing {0}config

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 08:04:29AM +0100, Ondrej Kuznik wrote:
> On 11/02/2011 05:59 PM, Christopher Wood wrote:
> >>
> >> As far as I remember, the above error msg is the one slapd issues,
> >> if you want to modify a slave (as opposed to the master). You may
> >> need to check wheather  your change modifies something in this
> >> respect.
> >
> > Unfortunately that's the point of my question. How did I manage to
> > change these replicas to slaves?
> A syncrepl consumer (database, where olcSyncRepl attribute is set) is a
> slave (read only) unless olcMirrorMode is set.

I think something else is going on. I've had something similar before but changing another database's replication config:

I mis-remembered that the previous situation left "olcMirrorMode: FALSE". Actually in both scenarios, after changing olcSyncrepl and then checking by ldapsearch, I see "olcMirrorMode: TRUE". The behaviour is as if it was "olcMirrorMode: FALSE".

So I am running into the same issue (implicit change to olcMirrorMode), but the olcMirrorMode change isn't reflected in the actual cn=config database. The fix is the same in both cases: explicitly set "olcMirrorMode: TRUE" in the modification which changes olcSyncrepl.

The olcMirrorMode not obviously changing sounds wrong, so I filed this: