Re: Configuring shared memory / memory mapped files

Meike Stone wrote:
Hello Howard,

Thanks for the helpful information!
All about the  back-mdb sounds so good! Will the new back-mdb included
in the next release?
Is it recommended to use this backend in production environment?

I was thinking we should hold it off until OpenLDAP 2.5. But it actually is working perfectly fine already; we may include it in 2.4 as an Experimental feature.

It has passed every test I've thrown at it with no problems, but since the code is so new, I would tell anyone considering using it to test it heavily in their own dev/test environment before even thinking of pushing it into production.

From a practical perspective, nearly all of the back-mdb code is quite mature, being a direct copy/paste from back-bdb/hdb. But there are also portions that are quite new, and it would be wise to expect bugs lurking there somewhere.

Thanks for hard work on the great OpenLDAP!

Meike