Re: Google hits for OpenLDAP (was: Securing cn=config and allowing micro-engineering)

Brett @Google writes:
> I think the popularity of Zytrax guide on google indicates that there is a
> need for some simple guide or howto of how to get some sort of trivial ldap
> server running, in the first instance.

True enough, but also OpenLDAP website doesn't look like a shining
example of modern web design.  Not that I know much of how to improve
that.

> Zytrax might fail with regard to accuracy in specific details as it seems to
> be infrequently updated (last August 2010, before that July 2009), but taken
> asis it gets people going such that they can at least get a server running,
> then they can then start to learn by actively using openldap. The zytrax
> guide itself is open source, so the other alternative is to help improve
> it's accuracy ?

Yesno.  HOWTOs, certainly.  Not that I've looked much at the site myself.
Mostly I've seen others talk about it.

OTOH, much of it seems more or less copied from manpages, the Admin
Guide etc.  Seems a losing game to proofreed and try to maintain a
separate copy of those, in a permanent state of catch-up.

--
Hallvard