Re: Patching openldap?

--On Friday, October 07, 2011 6:01 PM -0400 NetNinja <2bitninja@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM, NetNinja <2bitninja@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sorry about that. I was reading in the book "Solaris 10 System
Administration Essential" and it says on pg 365 that the openldap server
needs to be patched so that the ldapclient init utility will configure
properly. Most stuff I have read say I need to add these two schemas,
solaris and DUAConfigProfile.

Anyway I'm having issues getting the Solaris servers to work right with
the openldap server I installed on a RHEL 5.5 box. The servers can see
the data when I do a search and a Id but I can't login with the ldap
accouts.

Ok, so you're talking about something different than OpenLDAP itself. You're talking about the bizarre way that Solaris configures its ldapclient to depend on non-RFC bits that exist only in Sun's directory server. Unfortuanely, I have no idea what patch they are referring to, but maybe someone else does.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.