Re: Different replication methods in OpenLDAP 2.4

--On Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:40 PM -0700 Bob Fitch <fitchbob@ymail.com> wrote:

Also, does N-Way Multi-Master Replication support Delta Sync Replication?
Unlike MirrorMode Replication which specifically denotes that it can't,
the section on N-Way Multi-Master Replication doesn't implicitly say one
way or another.  I guess I could assume then that it does, but I'd prefer
not to - you know what they say about assumptions ;-)

There is no real difference between N-way MMR and Mirror Mode replication, other than the fact that in the latter you direct all writes to a single master until fail over.

OpenLDAP 2.4.27 will support delta-syncrepl based N-way MMR/Mirror mode replication.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.