Re: JLDAP Search

Just letting the list know I have no solution to this, except to NOT use the connection.search method...it just doesn't work consistently and I'm not sure why.

So, I changed my code to use the compare method...which is OK for a simple "does the value exist", but does not satisfy any "does it exist and if so what's the value". Oh well...

-----Original Message-----
From: criderkevin <criderkevin@aol.com>
To: openldap-technical <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Fri, Sep 23, 2011 7:20 pm
Subject: JLDAP Search

I'm using the example code from the Novell site to perform a Java JLDAP search by uid of my directory.

http://developer.novell.com/documentation/samplecode/jldap_sample/index.htm

the one called "search.java"

My program does this: the main java class prompts the user over and over (it's in a while(true) loop) for search parameters, then executes this search.java method. I'm using this (above) code as is except for the Systems.exit(0).

The first time it runs it returns the correct result...but every run after that it returns 0 results. I have to restart my Java program to get it to return the correct result again. There's no public variables in the way...I'm not sure what could be the issue. I've looked through the LDAPConnection.java and nothing looks looks like anything that would corrupt, clear a cache, or queue, or do anything more than what the disconnect (should) does.

Anyone run into this?...or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Kevin