slapo-pcache and multiple hits won't cache

I'm using slapd-meta to merge a proxied AD (proxy is OL running on
'hidden' port) with a external OL server (running on separate host).

The meta seems to work, using '(uid=kpxb140)' (which is my UNIX account
name at work) gives me two results, one from the AD and one from the
external OL server. This is verified, because the objects look different
(and comparing them with the 'original' source verifies this as well).

But on top (tail) of that, I'm using pcache...

The afformentioned search gives:

  QUERY NOT ANSWERABLE
  QUERY CACHEABLE

each time (i.e., it doesn't actually write to the cache). A modified
search

  '(&(objectClass=account)(uid=kpxb140))'

or

  '(&(objectClass=person)(uid=kpxb140))'

gives only ONE hit (the first from the OL server, the second from AD).
This time I get the correct behaviour - it is cached into BDB...

Is this expected behaviour or a bug? If the latter, ITS# and expected
fix?