Re: Re: LDAP Dynamic Library Creation Failed.

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, vijay s sheelavantar wrote:
[...]
configure:10583: /opt/montavista/pro/devkit/mips/fp_be/bin/mips_fp_be-gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/product/wibro/premium/src/APP/Protocols/ASNGW/vijay/db-4.8.26/build_unix
-Bshareable conftest.c -ldld   >&5
/opt/montavista/pro/devkit/mips/fp_be/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/mips-hardhat-linux/3.3.1/../../../../mips-hardhat-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -ldld

Are you sure that -Bshareable is the right thing to set LDFLAGS to? That doesn't seem likely for a gcc/linux combination.

Really, for whatever reason:

checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no

it can't figure out how to make a shared object on your system. I'd check in the config.log closer to "checking dynamic linker characteristics..." for what's going on. I'd guess that it's not finding any linker match that it's happy with, and if that's the case it's not going to compile shared objects no matter what arguments you give...

NOTE: on a Fedora system that test produces "result: GNU/Linux ld.so" and, since it appears you're crosscompiling to Linux, you'd likely be served well by making a similar result appear. And even though it's extremely bad form to do so, hand-hacking the configure bash script may be in order. (Of course, if you can figure out and submit an ITS with the appropriate m4, that'd be great...)