OpenLDAP Windows setup

Hi,

 I installed OpenLDAP on windows XP by running the application installer. I am new to OpenLDAP and facing lots of issues while running client tools. Am not able to add new users or run utilities like slapcat.exe- it gives error: ” slapcat: database doesn't support necessary operations”.  Can somebody tell me a quick way of adding users and organizations  and also if there is a way of capturing the detailed errors.

I know that I can get help from this forum only. Any help in this regard will be of great use to me.

Thanks,

Ashish Chawla

::DISCLAIMER::