Re: secure passwords

So I did more research and found that java or spring source has APIs for encrypting passwords and I could store the hashed value in openldap. If thats the case would LDPA server be able to retrive the password during bind?

And another interesting read is

Is that true for OpenLDAP? Can I use similar algorithm for generating password? Or should password policy will suffice ?