Re: pcache template doesn't allow negative assertions?

2011-09-08_12:57:32-0400 masarati@aero.polimi.it:
> > OpenLDAP version 2.4.23
> >
> > Negative assertions don't appear to work in pcacheTemplate filter
> > expressions.  Is this intentional?
> >
> > line 435 (pcacheTemplate (!(globalOff=)) 0 900)
> > /local/etc/openldap/proxy/slapd.conf: line 435: unable to parse template:
> > AttributeDescription contains inappropriate characters.
> > slaptest: bad configuration file!
> >
> > Works fine without the negative assertion.

> Fixed in OpenLDAP 2.4.24 (ITS#6796).

I just upgraded to 2.4.26 and have the same problem.. :(

slaptest -d 64 -u -f /local/etc/openldap/proxy/slapd.conf
line 436 (pcacheTemplate (!(uid=)) 0 900)
/local/etc/openldap/proxy/slapd.conf: line 436: unable to parse template: AttributeDescription contains inappropriate characters.
slaptest: bad configuration file!

That's not the filter I want, I'm just simplifying to root out the
problem.  If I remove the negative assertion, then slaptest works fine,
e.g. the following is OK

line 436 (pcacheTemplate (uid=) 0 900)

--
Ron Peterson