Re: How to replace account with inetOrgPerson?

So, how can I add "inetOrgPerson" and remove "account" ?

The only way I know is you export the entry, modify the ldif and reimport.

I will try that. But I still have the feeling there must be a "better" way of doing it, and I just don't know it...

The account objectClass is in the cosine schema.

So I tried to just delete cosine under cn=config, but that doesn't work. The log shows

    DEL dn="cn={1}cosine,cn=schema,cn=config"
    RESULT tag=107 err=53 text=

and my LDAP browser gives an "Unwilling to Perform" error.

I also tried to remove the apple schema which I had added at one point but don't need any more, and never actually used. Same error.

But, don't you already have the mail attribute that you need through the core.schema.

Looking at the core schema, yes I do see 'mail' in there. However, I cannot populate it. The log shows:

    MOD attr=mail
    RESULT tag=103 err=65 text=attribute 'mail' not allowed

So 'mail' is indeed in core, but cannot be used. Maybe because inetOrgPerson is also part of the schemas?