Re: memberOf question

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Chris Jackson wrote:

Running OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23. My server currently returns memberOf info only when directly queried using memberOf. Is there a way to allow a base uid=me ldapsearch to return group memberships without specifying the memberOf?

See the attribute definition in servers/slapd/overlays/memberof.c:

                "USAGE dSAOperation "                   /* added; questioned */

I don't personally recall the "questioned" dialogue. Perhaps you can find that searching through list archives and/or the ITS. However, so long as its an operational attribute, it's not going to come up in a standard search. (So perhaps you could remove this line from the schema, obviously at your own risk.)