[Date Prev][Date Next]
LDAP authentication of unregistered user at client side.
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: LDAP authentication of unregistered user at client side.
- From: "vijay s sheelavantar" <email@example.com>
- Date: 2 Sep 2011 01:35:24 -0000
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=redf; d=rediffmail.com; b=WYuxsTQFyEYIuz7m0KryCdzxbs96RSG5fH4ygtEL5ezIGugDhtAjf6M/TXO6HZVAom2xUn1l2det9c5uv3wNPg8QQQD26GPVwl2IqqoL1v9zgueRdZbUiT8LzVa/WD6XS8egolB2QfzaJF0w2nx0zhpoM5qaEE+Cg2Uq2+CwPpA= ;
I have a openldap server running on one machine (fedora10) and pam_ldap.so and nss_ldap.so running on the other machine.
I have added a new user to the LDAP server database, this user is not created on client machine.
1. Can i login to the client machine using this new user?
2. Now if i try logging with this new user I am getting error messages, the error messages are as follows at client side
Sep 2 10:34:36 localhost sshd: Invalid user kim from 10.254.194.148
Sep 2 10:34:36 localhost sshd: input_userauth_request: invalid user kim
Sep 2 10:35:16 localhost sshd: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user "cn=min soo,ou=people,dc=samsung,dc=com" (Invalid credentials)
Sep 2 10:35:16 localhost sshd: pam_succeed_if(sshd:auth): error retrieving information about user kim
Sep 2 10:35:16 localhost sshd: Failed password for invalid user kim from 10.254.194.148 port 52652 ssh2
Kindly let me know is it a limitation with LDAP ???
Thanks and Regards,
Treat yourself at a restaurant, spa, resort and much more with Rediff Deal ho jaye!