RE: OpenLDAP client test program connecting to LDAP server over SSL failed

> It failed because of this error: ldap_sasl_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1) error:14090086:SSL routines: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Hi Daisy,

I have noticed that sometimes depending on the version of OpenSSL you are linking the LDAP libraries to, it will throw this

error. So what I did was:

-- create an environment variable LDAPCONF

-- create a file called ldap_ssl_cert_config and placed the following line in it:

TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/pki/tls

-- ran my program

Then it worked and I did not get the error anymore. Hope this helps.