Re: Slapd-meta stop at the first unreachable candidate

> Hello,
>
> It have a slapd-meta configuration as follows:
>
> database meta
> suffix dc=com
> uri ldap://server1:389/dc=suffix1,dc=com
> uri ldap://server2:389/dc=suffix2,dc=com
> uri ldap://server3:389/dc=suffix3,dc=com
>
> I performed numerous tests using "base=com" and changing the order of the
> above list of uri (in slapd.cnof) and I see that as soon as a candidate
> directory is unreachable, all other directories located below the
> directory in failure are not requested by the proxy. For instance, in
> example below:
> - if server2 is down, then server 3 is not requeted
> - if server1 is down, then none of the directories is requested.
>
> I have the felling this is a bug ... could you confirm ?
>
> FYI, I also tried the "'onerrr continue" config, but did not change
> annything

The behavior you describe is a bug.  However, I just checked, and
everything seems to work as expected.  We definitely need to see your
exact setup (i.e. the slapd.conf of the proxy); also, we need to know the
exact definition of "unreachable".  For example, I simply added to an
existing configuration a target that points to a non-existent server,
which is unreachable (connect(2) fails).  I didn't check, for example, the
case of a server that results in a hanging connect(2) or so.

p.