Re: openldap install questions

On Tuesday, 16 August 2011 15:58:16 Washington, Andrea wrote:
> We have Red Hat Linux 5.6.

RHEL ships with a copy of OpenLDAP, which is installable via the platform's
software management tools (e.g. 'yum install openldap-servers' would pull in
most pieces).

You seem to not know what you need OpenLDAP for, so at this stage, I don't
think it can be determined whether or not the copy of OpenLDAP shipped with
RHEL is suitable or not. Maybe you should spend some time finding out what
exactly you need OpenLDAP for?

Of course, it is unlikely that many people on this OpenLDAP mailing list know
what Degreeworks or Luminis are, so if you post further questions regarding
these pieces of software, you may want to provide more context.

Regards,
Buchan